In years past, I have always just had take-home folders for my students. This year, I think I have decided to use binders instead. I have checked out several blogs and interest and I think I'm almost ready to commit. I have found some great ideas- notebooks, folders, and this cool idea! The Organized Classroom has a great idea about using plastic baggies and duct tape instead of buying pencil bags. (and a plus- I already bought rockstar acceptable duct tape!)
I also came up with a cute acronym which goes along with our class theme of 1st Grade Rocks...
Really Organized Children Keep Stuff Together And Ready
So, I want to hear from others? Do you use binders? What is in them? I can't wait to hear how others use them!
**************************I am so honored to be chose by two great blogs for two awards. Since I really just started this blog to be able to blab away about my job without my darling husband having to listen to me it is a great feeling when other people find it helpful, too.
Melissa Smith over at Mrs. Smith's 1st Grade Class awarded me with the Liebster Blog award. Thank you so much, Melissa! If you haven't been to Melissa's blog you should go check out all of her great Whole Brain Teaching ideas! :)
The purpose of this award is to highlight new bloggers with less than 200 followers.
Here are the rules:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
So.... here are my picks for the Liebster Blog Award:
Everyone should go check them out!
Now, I was also super honored and feeling awesome when Kristi and Crystal at Teaching Little Miracles awarded me with the Versatile Blogger award.
The rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you. (or bloggers, in my case)
2. Include a link to their site.
3. Include the award image in your post.
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award. (Geez, that's a lot! I'm cheating a little and giving some people both awards. Shhh... don't tell the blog police!)
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
FIrst, here are my nominees (in no particular order... if it wasn't summer break maybe I would have done them alphabetically....):
14. Wishful Teaching
And now for my 7 random facts:
1. My husband and I just celebrated our 4th anniversary last week.
2. I was a business major before deciding on education.
3. I have two adorable German Shepherds. See?
4. I have (mostly) eliminated highly processed foods from our diet.
5. I have one set of black eyelashes and one set of white. (It's natural)
6. I hate being without sunglasses.
7. I don't like wearing heels- I spend most days in flip flops or TOMS.
Wow... That took awhile! Now I'm off to notify all my nominees! Enjoy your weekend!!