Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Followers

Follow by Email

Google +

Grab My Button

First with Franklin

Friday, November 9, 2012

Second Grade Common Core

I have taught first grade for several years and I feel fairly comfortable implementing the CCSS into our curriculum.  However, many of you know that this year I'm teaching a split first and second grade classroom.  I have never taught second grade so I sometimes having a hard time aligning our current curriculum with the new CCSS.
I found this cool giveaway (ends Sunday if you're interested!) and I would love to try out this new resource.  This workbook has almost 600 pages full of common core worksheets, activities and posters.  This means when I feel like I need a little extra reinforcement on a skill I won't have to create something on my own.  Yesss!
I can't wait to try it out - I might even order the first grade version, too.  Who doesn't need additional resources, right?  You should definitely check out the Second Grade Common Core Workbook.  

We're getting ready to start an all-new curriculum map including Common Core standards.  Oh, what fun! Has your school/state adopted the new standards?  


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Have we ever...that seems to be all we can talk about this year!

    We are supposed to be teaching our curriculum and finding the gaps compared to the Common Core. Our math series has many...feel a little better about the reading.

    The workbook does look like a great resource. Thanks for sharing!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete