Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Followers

Google +

Grab My Button

First with Franklin

Monday, February 20, 2012

I am blessed with a SmartBoard in my classroom.  I use this almost all day, everyday.  My students love it and I love that they are so engaged in our lessons.  
For about a month, we have been completing our Math Meeting (calendar time) on the SmartBoard.  The student of the day goes up and prepares the meeting while the rest of the class works on math facts.  Once the meeting is completed, we all go over to the board and the student of the day leads our meeting.  
I love watching the student of the day lead the meeting.  It is so cute and funny to see how the mimic what I do and how I speak.  I also think it has really made them aware of how student misbehaviors can really be bothersome.  Often, I will watch as the student of the day asks another to "sit on your bottom" or "please get quiet".  You go, teach! 
Another reason I love doing Math Meeting on the SmartBoard is that is saving space!  I took down a lot of what I used to have on my whiteboards (I left a few things up for quick reference).  I now have room to expand my word wall and I will have a bulletin board I can change from time to time.  Here is a look of the first page.  

Click here to get this file for free!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment