Pages

Follow Me on Pinterest

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Followers

Google +

Grab My Button

First with Franklin

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bead Spelling

I blogged about Word Work activities a week or so ago.  I mentioned our Bead Spelling and the fact that my kiddos love it.  I wanted to find a better way to store our beads for the activity so that students could find beads more quickly and be able to complete more words.  Here was my solution:
First, I bought four of these containers.  Each one has 12 compartments.  I was originally thinking that I would use two of them so that almost every letter could have its own compartment.  I changed my mind and decided I would consolidate letters so that more students would be able to do this activity.  They will be happy. (Walmart did have bigger organizers that would easily fit all of the letters, but they were $9/each and these were only $2.  Cheap wins.)
Then, I bought some letter stickers- only $1!
Then I sorted and sorted... and.... 
Voila! Bead Spelling is ready to go!
I got both sets of beads at the 'ol Walmarts- I like the top set better, but they didn't have any when I went back to get more, so I got the wood bead set. (below)

I have another fun Word Word idea to share soon- stay tuned.

Here is something else I'm going to be working on.  This scary area is getting a makeover (I hope!).  
Share some pics of your Daily 5 organization- I need some inspiration!!!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Perfect bead organization! I love organizing, it's practically my middle name, come visit the photos I have on my blog!
    Amy Howbert

    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love letter beads and it's often a popular choice for my students to practice their word work. Letter beads, letter stickers, letter magnets, letter stamps, letter tiles, using plasticine, using pipe cleaners, and of course iPad apps are all fun ways for us to practice our words. I can't wait to see what you're area will look like when you're done. It remind me that maybe I should take photos of my learning/storage areas. Thanks for sharing. Karen aka @KLirenman (me) and @MsLsClass (my class)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your boxes? I got the Wal-Mart one and it was not very high quality. It wouldn't shut and I had to return it. I need to organize my letters too!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete